TheGiftCardCentre Terms and Conditions
Terms of Service
- TheGiftCardCentre Limited agrees to supply you with the gift cards you select subject to availability. Each order is subject to a service fee which covers our postage and handling. Vouchers will only be delivered within the UK, unless otherwise agreed by management.
- Our agreement is limited to the supply of the requested vouchers. TheGiftCardCentre in no way guarantees or warrants the availability of the goods and service to which a particular voucher pertains, and is in no way liable for damages, consequential or otherwise, arising from redeeming the vouchers supplied by us in return for goods and services.
- TheGiftCardCentre Limited are not responsible should your card not be live or not work due to any technical issue out of our hands. We do though endeavour to correct or replace your gift card as quickly as we can if this occurs. We do not compensate should your card not work, again working hard to rectify any issues as soon as we are advised as sometimes we are not told by the brand issuers there has been an issue.
- Once you are in possession of your Gift Cards, all liability therein lies with the Gift Card brand owner. Please direct any queries regarding the gift voucher to the brand in question. It is your responsibility to read the back of your Gift Card for the individual terms and conditions of that brand - these can usually be found on the brand website as well.
- These conditions in no way affect your statutory rights as a UK consumer.
- Individual terms, conditions and limitations may apply for vouchers. We have made every reasonable effort to include such terms, conditions and limitations on this web site, but these may change from time to time without notice. It is your responsibility to check any terms, conditions or limitations which may apply by visiting the Gift Card owner.
- Unless otherwise stated, all cards with a nominal monetary value will be in UK Pounds Sterling.
- TheGiftCardCentre Limited has a policy of not releasing personal information to anyone outside our organisation. We will not sell your name or address information to anyone without your prior consent. All information gathered during your visit with us is for tracking and marketing purposes only.
- By purchasing Gift Cards through this site you agree that you have read and understood these terms and conditions, and agree to abide by them.
- TheGiftCardCentre Limited is a registered company within the United Kingdom. All disputes shall be subject to resolution under English Law.
- Should a product be incorrectly priced on our website, TheGiftCardCentre reserve the right to amend this price within three working days of being notified. If a customer has purchased a product at an incorrect price, then TheGiftCardCentre will advise the customer and reject their order, allowing them to order again at the correct price. This excludes special offers which will always be honoured during the dates to which they apply.
- All trademarks mentioned throughout this site may be registered trademarks of their respective companies. TheGiftCardCentre Limited is not responsible for any misrepresentation of any product by any manufacturer or any public or political involvement of any manufacturer, distributor, partner, employee, or agent.
- All descriptions, policies, and statements contained in this document or provided by our employees are as accurate as possible. We reserve the right to make changes as needed without prior notice. We reserve the right to refuse any sale for any reason. In the event that one or more of the policies contained herein may be found to be unenforceable, it shall not affect any other policy.
- All content of our printed or electronic media materials are owned by TheGiftCardCentre Limited, and any unauthorised reproduction or use may be in violation of certain laws.
- TheGiftCardCentre is a registered trademark. Any use of our company name without permission will result in prosecution.
- Occasionally, a Gift Card brand owner may change their design of Gift Card. TheGiftCardCentre are not responsible for this change, and will substitute for the new design. We may not have loaded the new design to our website before we substitute. We will not replace cards that are the wrong colour or pattern, These cards will still work with the brand of course.
- Gift Cards which are not live can be returned to this address within 14 working days of receiving/ordering for a full refund. Refunds can only be made back to the credit card used/or by cheque if applicable. This is covered under UK Law under distance selling regulations.
- Gift Cards must be returned by registered postage. TheGiftCardCentre Limited accept no responsibility for their return or for postage payable. For any return of Gift Cards accompanied by a new order for replacement TheGiftCardCentre Limited will make a charge for administration of £9.95 (includes delivery costs). Gift Cards cannot be exchanged or refunded once activated, as we are unable to credit Gift Cards. Please be certain before ordering gift cards that you are choosing the correct brand. Postage costs are not refundable.
- Refunds are not given for any order where the purchaser has not activated their Gift Cards, and if the orders is over 14 days old. Instead the purchaser will receive a WishCard to the value of the order (excluding initial postage) which can be spent within 1 year of activation.
- WishCards are a code that is valid for 12 months for the purchaser to send to another party as a gift. They are then exchangeable for gift cards from our website. You cannot exchange WishCards for cash or spend them on any other website than thegiftcardcentre.co.uk. They are not exchangeable for any other product than ones from our website. They are not transferable. Once expired, WishCards are then de-valued and the funds are not available for use.
- TheGiftCardCentre make no refunds for expired vouchers. You are expected to contact the Gift Card owners if a voucher has expired. TheGiftCardCentre do not send out Gift Cards with less than six month expiry on them, and the majority of cards we stock, have 12-18 month expiry dates on them with some having no expiry.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998).
- We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and second, to provide you with the best possible service.
- We will not e-mail you in the future unless you have given us your consent. We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us or from another trader in the future.
- The type of information we will collect about you includes: Your name, address, phone number , email address , credit/debit card details (via our secure partner Sagepay – we do not see your details)
- We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
- The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
- The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
- If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first.
- We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
- If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should contact us.
How do I place an order?
Our website has been designed to make online ordering as simple as possible. Simply search using one of our search facilities and click 'go' - then simply tell us how many items you require and checkout when you have finished shopping. Any queries, please call us if ordering during office hours.
Acknowledgement of orders
We will acknowledge all orders by e-mail (please ensure that you put in exactly your correct e-mail address)
We accept credit card payments including Visa, Mastercard, Solo, Delta, Switch and American Express. If you have opened an account with your order, we will show you on the website your confirmation together with the tracking number from Royal Mail and order reference details.
Credit Cards and security
TheGiftCardCentre use 128 bit encryption technologies to ensure all of your card details are safe when you purchase on-line.
TheGiftCardCentre do not disclose any details of buyers’ information to any third parties. We are committed to protecting your privacy and details. We will never collect, nor attempt to collect, sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The only information collected is the key information and includes your name, address, e-mail and contact details together with your payment details.
Activating Gift Cards
If you have ordered £75 or more in your pack, and have chosen 1st class or recorded post your pack will require activating (over £500 for courier). Please email us at [email protected] with your order number before 2pm on a weekday and we can activate your pack normally by 6pm weekdays depending on the brand. Some brands take a further 24/48 working hours to load as we send these direct to the different brands. Activations are applied for up to two years after the date of purchase. Any activation requests after 2 years are not able to be honoured due to your Gift Cards expiring.
Issue with my Gift Cards
Rarely, but it can happen! We might have an issue where you have presented your card and it does not work. This could be due to an activation issue, 99% is when the card needs activating, but sometimes we find that the brand have advised to us your gift card works, and they have made an error. We work really quickly here to rectify this, including sending replacement gift cards as an e code for same day useage. We cannot give compensation sadly, as these issues are normally out of our hands, but we do have your best interests at heart, and we will work quickly to resolve! No one makes a mistake deliberately even the big brands!
Delivering your Gift Cards
TheGiftCardCentre use the Royal Mail to deliver your items. We use 1st class post which can take up to five working days to arrive. For live Gift Cards over £150 we will only send out your package using special delivery, which is insured for you and paid for. If an item is out of stock we will let you know and give you the estimated delivery time, and will be able to substitute for you if you are unable to wait for another voucher, or cancel your order if required.